Monday, March 18, 2013

Munchin' at the Manila Hotel

a warm welcome

Mar 9, 2013

Today we were in Manila.  We went to a mall and I got a new snorkel, my old one was too small.  We then went to the Manila Hotel.  It was built in 1912.  It was destroyed in WWII but was rebuilt.  A famous general, named MacArthur lived there.  My mom says we will learn about him in history.  We had lunch there- I had won ton soup.
my new fav drink- four seasons



In Manila we saw lots of local transportation.  They have horses and 2 wheel carriages and buses called jeepneys.  They also had the pedi cabs there too.
a jeepney

That night as we left the dock, we sat in the harbor and watched the International Fireworks competition.  We saw the Italians and the Dutch compete.  I thought the Dutch were the best. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment