Friday, March 22, 2013

Visiting Vietnam

basket boat

March 15, 2013  Nha Trang, Vietnam

We are in Vietnam today in a coastal town.  Right by the ship we saw local fishermen paddling their basket boats.  They aren’t very big.  We even saw one towing another one.  In town, we went to the Cho Dam Market.  We shopped for souvenirs and clothes.  I got a horn made from a water buffalo horn.  I also got a wooden flute.  I also picked out some shirts. 
Market veggie stand
 

man delivering fruit
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the market, we went to a Cathedral.  It was built in 1928.  We also saw a Buddhist Pagoda with a big white Buddha on the hill behind it.  We didn’t climb this one though.  We looked into the temple through a small window. 
Buddha at Lon So Pagoda
 

Lon So Pagoda
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was very hot here so we went back to the ship for a swim.  Then Mom & I went to the cultural show where there was local music and dancers.


cultural show

No comments:

Post a Comment